Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Power of Words

I've been thinking a lot lately about the power of words. I have to write a paper on the power of words, and I watched a video on youtube how a blind man was sitting on the side walk with a sign that said I'm blind and can't see. People would walk by occasionally throwing some change his way. Then one lady stopped, and wrote something on his sign saying nothing to him. She left, and then everyone that walked by was throwing heaps of change his way. The lady came back, and the guy recognized her, by feeling her shoes. He asked what did you put on the sign? She said, I said the same thing just in a different way. The sign said, "It's a beautiful day, I'm blind and can't see." Words really are so powerful, and the blind man was so thankful for some sympathy and kindness.
When I was walking down the hall today at school, there is this cute blind guy that I always see. Well a lady stopped him, and said hey, you probably don't remember me, and he immediately grabbed her hand and kissed it. He then said chuckling, I just bit you. It made me smile. The simplest hi or hello can go a long ways. Walking around in a wold you can't see must be hard, but luckily they have words to express themselves.

No comments: