Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer of 2012

Well I haven't been up to much besides working and taking trips home to St. George. I went home every weekend in June, and my sister finally got married on June 22nd. It was a crazy chaotic day for me, but she looked beautiful, and I think she was happy with the way it turned out. The ride home from Brynn's wedding was really nice. My dad drove me home, and we had a good heart to heart. We talked about everything under the sun and cried the whole way home. It was nice to see my dad show his emotions, and to know that he really cares about me, and the other siblings. I know he loves us, but sometimes its hard to remember that. I think it was the first heart to heart my dad and I have ever had, we were actually communicating! 


I've been to the Mona lake a  couple times this summer, and its sad to think that its just dwindled down to me and my friends. When it use to be my dad, sister, uncle, and close friends of the Snyder family. Now its hard to get us all together, but those have been some of the best memories of my summers. I hope to get a trip in with everyone again. 


This past weekend I went and saw grandma and grandpa Hendrickson. I love going to their house! I'm dreading the day when that is no longer my get away. My dad happened to come over, and he helped me put new rotors and break pads on my car. He made me sit out there and watch him, so that next time I can do it on my own... but to be honest I don't think I would be able to. There are so many steps, loosen this, put that here, tighten this... ya... I'm really not car savvy. Grandpa Wayne took me to get the parts, and we were talking about getting pulled over/tickets. We both said that we haven't been pulled over in a while. (NEVER NEVER talk about this) because literally the next day I got pulled over and got a speeding ticket. Luckily the cop was pretty nice, and only put me for 9 over. I didn't cry which I was proud of! 


I went to a softball game up in Salt Lake with Adrian and I ran into my long lost best friend Jocelyn Stubbs! It was so good to see her! I screamed like a little girl and ran up to her and gave her a big hug! I hope we get together soon and do something before she heads back to Nebraska for school. 


I got a phone call yesterday from Mr. Holub telling me that they are moving Jared Call (Down Syndrome I went to school with, and baby sat after we graduated) to a home in Provo. I'm really excited that he'll be closer, and I'm hoping that I will be able to hang out with him at least once week. I've definitely missed spending the one night a month with him while his parents went out. I hope he settles in to his new surroundings, and that he loves it! 


Oh, just a couple of  funny stories that have made my summer.  (all relating to my nieces)  


Nyah and Anastyn were in their toy room playing house, and Anastyn called Nyah "Brynn" and Nyah turned to Anastyn and said, "Anastyn don't call me Brynn call me Dizzle." 


Nyah told her mom, "Mom if I close my eyes and cover them will you surprise me with Dizzle when I open them?" I surprised her on her birthday in May, and so that's where she gets the surprise part from. I also talked to her on the phone later this day and she told me, "Dizzle I miss you really really bad." It made my heart melt! I love my nieces and they make me so happy, and there is nothing better than going home and having them run into my arms and yell DIZZLE. I'm going home this weekend to surprise Nyah. I can't wait to them both! 



My summer has gone by so fast! School starts in about a month and I can't believe it! This summer I've had my first taste of the real world, working every single day with out a day off. I think I'll be job hunting again soon. I like the job I have but it is very draining at times. That is the scoop as of lately.  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

And your still the favorite aunt lol They just love me for stryker and soon baby quayden.