Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sadies

Sadies was this past weekend and I must say that I'm glad its over. I had a fun time but getting it all prepared was another thing. There was 7 couples totally and I couldn't get anything planned with the other 6 girls. So I was way stressed, luckily everything turned out pretty good. I asked my friend Preston Stratford to go with me. We did are day date at the 2450 park. We carved pumpkins and played missionary tag and other games like that. We didn't start the date until 1:30 because some of our group was taking the ACT. Then we didn't have a break in between our day date and dinner because half of our group was in a choir concert at 6:45. Anyways....so we get to the park and have to wait for half hour for everyone to show up.... Me being the person that I am, I can never be late so I was like 5 minutes early and people didn't start showing up until like 2:00 but we got right into carving pumpkins and did that most of the time. It was amazing how fast the time went by. Then my friend Michele Jones her dad cooked us dinner we had tri-tip steak with mashed potatoes, squash and french bread with a pretzel jell-o for dessert. It was really good. Then we went and got our pictures done at 6:00 and then half went to the concert and the other half came with me and went and played games....We played apples to apples, and Taboo. Then we went to the dance, it wasn't a lot of people there when we showed up then it got full and then empty again...we were pretty much the last group to leave. My date is very energetic and kept the party going at the dance...he was always jumping around, running around, dancing, talking....what ever he could...he made it a fun night! It was a fun experience! but i must say who ever came up with the idea to wear sweatshirts to a dance is crazy! it gets so hot!!!

1 comment:

crazyhorse said...

Your day-date sounded fun! Craving jack-o-lantersn was a great idea. Our kids didn't wear sweat shirts to the dance. They wore shirts alike that the girl furnished. I remember one Greg had the girl had hand embroidered on both shirts. Grandma H.