Friday, July 22, 2011

Ups and Downs





Well Its been a while since I have updated my blog. My Bad! Well life is just moving forward. I start school in about two weeks, that is insane to me! I feel like I need more summer. I've been having a lot of ups and downs lately. I guess thats part of growing up. I think once school starts I'll feel a lot better... (I hope!) Well I made a couple new friends in the ward. I was really struggling and so I got a blessing from Robby, and then the next day I made new friends! (One of them is really cute which doesn't hurt! :D ) and I finished the book of mormon that same week. My goal was to finish by April, but I didn't quite make it, but I'm still so happy that I finished. I went and surprised my family this past weekend, and went to the cabin with them. It started out a little iffy (we were all kinda in a bad mood) but we got some sleep and we were all happy campers. It was fun to get away and enjoy the cabin and the family! I went to a ward swim party last night. It wasn't too bad, I'm just so shy in big groups, and get insecure.... so I don't make to many friends, but i'm trying to work on being confident. I don't know how you really gain confidence, but if anyone has suggestions I'm an open book. I had a really mean lady come into the salon today. I was cutting her husbands hair and she ripped into me. I was fine until they left, then I started bawling. My new manager told me to go into the back room... I got it under control in 15 minutes... which is pretty good for me! ha ha
I've been trying to be healthier. I cut out most of my carbs. ( I hardly ever eat bread any more, which is my favorite thing!) I eat meat, veggies, and fruit, and lots of water. I also try running at least 3x a week. I definitely feel a lot better! Don't worry I still eat some junk occasionally! I definitely don't deprive myself. I cooked a steak for the first time today and it actually tasted pretty good! I marinated it over night in a balsamic herb marinade, and I even marinated my asparagus in it. It tasted delicious! I'm trying to venture out and learn how to cook a variety of different things... If you have any good recipes throw them my way! Well thats all for now! :D

No comments: