Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Time 2011





My life has been super busy these past two weeks! We had an ugly sweater Christmas party at our house. I spent all day Friday cleaning the house, and all day Saturday shopping (for food) and making treats, and getting things set up. We invited over 200 people, 40 people said they were going to come and about 30ish showed up. I had five friends that came. It was very overwhelming but it was fun.
Then the week following the christmas party was finals. I spent a lot of time studying, and working on an English portfolio. I really don't know how people can work full time, and go to school full time. I struggled working part time, and going to school. So it was nice to work half the semester and then being able to take the last half off and just focus on school. I'm glad to say that my studying paid off! I got an A is psychology! It was one of my harder classes for me because it involved a lot of reading, and I had to take a quiz every week. Then I took a special education class and I got a 94 on the final, so I got an A in that class too!
I just need three more classes to post my grades! The only grade I'm worried about is English. I have worked really hard in that class, and stayed up way late working on my portfolio to try and make it as perfect as possible (a big thanks to Janice!), but my professor is a harder grader so I will have to wait and see. If anything, I learned I can make it through a class even if the professor grades hard. I'm just praying I at least get a B.
I had a job interview a week ago at the Chrysalis Home, but it looks like I didn't get it. It's a blessing in disguise, because I really wanted to go home and spend time with the family, but if I got this job I would have only had christmas weekend off.
I'm so grateful for everyone in my family that has helped me get into college, and helped me figure things out this first semester. Also a huge thanks to Janice who has proof read all my english papers, and spent hours on Skype with me, so that I could get a good grade.
I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas and I hope it's a very Merry one at that.

No comments: