Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tis the Season






Well it was an interesting Christmas this year, we didn't really do the normal traditions like usual. I spent the first part of being here babysitting my two nieces. It was really fun, and tiring at the same time. I love spending time with them, and seeing how much they have changed while I have been gone away at school.
We had an amazing Christmas Eve Dinner that Emily made for us. She is a great cook, and a great hostess. We had dinner played games, and enjoyed each others company. It was nice to have Grandma Houston with us this year.
Christmas morning we got up and went to church at nine, and then we came home and had breakfast, and then we finally opened presents at 11. Weston, Rian and the kids came over and opened presents with us. Then we cleaned up our mess and went down to Justin and Emily's and gave them there presents.
Later that evening, we went out to Uncle John's. Its always fun to get together with mom's side of the family. I enjoy socializing, and hearing what everyone got for Christmas. It was really fun to watch everyone play Just Dance 3 on the wii. Justin, and Uncle John were probably my favorite to watch. Kenyon put in a good effort too.
It was definitely a different Christmas for me, but we were all here this year, and thats been nice. We were all blessed, and I'm thankful for the things that I have in life that I sometimes take for granted, and also grateful for an amazing family!

No comments: