Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My 20th Birthday

Its been a week of celebrating for me! I am blessed to have such great family and friends. I started celebrating on Tuesday with my Grandma Joan. She took me shopping and I got 3 shirts and a pair of boots. Then she took me out to lunch afterward and we went to Chili's. I love my grandma, and this is one of my favorites memory that I have with her. We have gone shopping every year for school since I started, and now we just throw them in when we can. She also gave me a card with 20.00 in it. Then on Friday my Grandma Becky took me cowgirl boot shopping. I'm really excited, and got some cute boots! Then she took me to lunch afterwards too, we went to village inn. Then Saturday I spent the day with my roommate Carlie. We went shopping, and out to lunch at J-dawgs. It was fun getting to know her, and just hanging out. Then on Sunday Grandma Becky put together a surprise birthday dinner for me at Red Lobster. My mom and sister came up from St. George, then there was Kenyon, Kimber, Wendy, and Kasey. I wasn't expecting them to all be there and it was really nice! It was my first birthday away from home, and it was nice to see familiar faces. Then my sister got me a precious willow tree figurine. My mom got me three cute plaid/flannel shirts. I couldn't be any happier. I feel so spoiled. Then on my actual birthday I woke up feeling really nasty. I have been fight a cold, and so I went to school, then came home and laid down for a little while, then I ran to the store and made myself a cake. Then Weston happened to be in town and he came and took me to dinner at J-dawgs, and then change our kitchen light bulb for us. It's always a fun time when he is in town. My roommates even surprised me! Rachael got me a balloon bouquet with a cupcake, Whitney is giving me a facial (she is an esthetician), and Kristin took me up to Sundance to watch one of the films from the festival, but it was kind of boring so we left early. I spent today in bed most of the day trying to kick this cold... I think it is getting the best of me though. I will try and post pictures from my birthday dinner if I can get them from my grandma.

No comments: