Thursday, March 10, 2011

Special Needs Mutual

I have done special needs mutual for the last two years and I have absolutely loved it. If you don't know what it is, it is where anyone with disabilities from 12 to 112 can come once a week and do an activity together. They meet every Thursday night and we are together for an hour and a half. I can't even begin to explain how much this has impacted my life. I have learned so much from them and I'm truly going to miss all my special friends that I've made there.
Just a few things that I've learned...
1. They never judge. They except you for who you are no matter what. They look on the inward appearance and not the outside.
2. They have unconditional love. They are so loving and give you hugs and sometimes even kisses every time they see you.
3. They love to have fun. No matter what the activity is they love it. They always have a blast.
4. Genuinely care about you. They are always asking how you're doing, how are you feeling, and it makes you feel great!
5. They love friends. They love making friends, keeping friends, and spending time with friends!

I'm truly grateful for the opportunity that I have had to become friends with all these wonderful people, and for the amazing examples they are to me. I have learned so much from them and will always remember the Thursday nights I spent dancing, cheering, singing, learning, and growing. They really are special!

I'm also thankful for the advisors, and other counselors. My advisors Monica, Shakari, and Joyce. They were great and people that I look up too. Also Jerry and Janice Law. They took me under their wing and I love them.

These were great times that I will always remember.

No comments: