Tuesday, February 15, 2011

F.H.E. with the Pine View YSA

Well last night I went to the Young Single Adult (YSA) family home evening. I just barely started going to the YSA, and I didn't have any friends so I was really scared and nervous to go because one I was going by myself and two I didn't have any friends to back me up. I got there a little after 7 and I debated on if I should walk in or not, well I finally got the courage to and then I thought it would just be a little activity. It was a dance! (I wore the wrong shoes...heels are a bad idea.) It was a stake activity. :/ there were lots of people and I was so nervous! I tried to tag along with some girls I went to high school with..... but that only lasted so long. So then I was standing by myself again. Finally someone came and started talking to me. His name was Limhi. He was nice and invited me to do things with him and he introduced me to a lot of people. Then one of my old friends came (Cassidy) and she introduced me to some people! (Jacob, Nick, and Ryan) I was finally feeling like it was worth going to. I met a few more people and I ended up enjoying the rest of the night. A big group of us went to Denny's after f.h.e was over. It was fun to get to know everyone and have a night out. Then we went to a girls house and watched despicable me. I'm so glad I went, and I'm thankful that I got to meet new people and make new friends. Even though I was super nervous, and kind of didn't want to be there. I'm glad I stayed! Jacob and I are now bffl's (Best Friends for Life.) :)

No comments: